Once I’ve made my way to bed, the chances of me getting out are very slim (it’s only a bulging bladder that will do the trick). As such, I like to keep everything I might need, close at hand. Being a “reformed” type A personality, I still like to keep things organised, so as to make my nightly ritual of makeup removal, moisturising, reading and note-making an easy process.
No, I don’t have my bathroom sink by my bed, but what you will find is…
- A vintage ashtray which houses my hair pins and ties. I have so many of them, that if I didn’t have a home for them, they will be all over the place and nowhere to be found when I need one.
- My skin care products; Payot milk and toner (doesn’t require water), a number of creams and serums dependant on my skins current behaviour, a tray which holds it all together whilst also being a place to keep any fine jewellery I take off of a night.
- Flowers, normally lavender to aid sleep (I have a lavender bush growing in the yard) or off-cuts from a bunch I have purchased for the house.
- My phone, which seconds as my alarm.
- A candle. I go through candles every few weeks – this is a new Coconut candle c/o my baby sister.
In my drawer;
- Handheld mirror, so I can see what I’m doing with my skin regime.
- Hair clips/claws to keep the hair pulled away from my face during the skin regime.
- Small jewellery boxes.
At the bottom of my bedside…
- Books or mags I’m currently reading.
- A notebook/diary & pen. I am one of those people that can’t sleep if I have something on my mind. Writing a to-do list or jotting down ideas helps me put my mind at ease.
- The TV remote. Yup, we’ve got a TV in our bedroom (controversial I know) however, it’s mostly a weekend thing. Although, it did come in very handy during the FIFA World Cup and the very early morning matches.
- Face wipes & pads,
- Heat pack for when the husband or I have muscle aches.
- Headphones… so I can listen to music (if I can’t sleep) without interrupting the husband.
Funnily enough, I only recently found out that the husband likes my (lazy girls) nightly ritual of makeup removal. His thoughts? a sign of self respect and diligence (insert raised eyebrow) but whatever floats his boat, right? hehe. Isn’t it funny how we interpret our actions one way and our partners another? I would love to hear what you keep by your beside… what are your musts? Am I the only lazy lady left around? What does your partner think of your bedtime ritual?