Last weekend was a strange one for me. I came to the realisation (whilst bantering with my neighbour) that I let anxiety and stress get the better of me. I wasn’t exactly sure what brought on the feeling, and therefore didn’t know what to do to fix it. My body was tired, my lists endless, yet all I wanted to do was stay in bed.
After recognising I was in this ‘state’, I took my vitamins, did my meditation and decided it was okay to have a bad or two, versus what would normally be a guilt fuelled day.
It felt strange – being okay with something I normally viewed as negative… but it wasn’t negative at all. Why was being tired, emotional, anxious such a bad thing? It was just my body saying – hold up, you’re going too hard, too fast.
My shift in perspective and mindset, shifted my mood. Amazing how our minds can be so destructive when negative, or so liberating and encouraging when positive.
So with all this said … this weekend I’m planning on doing very little besides hopefully catching up with some of my girls and fitting in a quiet date night with the husband. A weekend of R&R!
You know the drill, what’s got me ticking today?
1. Lounging in a white crisp shirt… still on the hunt for the prefect one.
2. Copper detailing – always been a fan (as far back as my parents retro copper kitchen exhaust)
3. Zara’s 70’s inspired look book …
4. Wild flowers… I just want to cover the house with them
5. Listening to James Bay, whom I’ve been a huge fan of for some time now. So happy he’s finally getting worldwide recognition with Hold back the River. My favourite song of his – ‘Let it Go’…
6. Words of the week. So very important – you always learn more observing and listening than you do talking….
Enjoy your weekend peeps! I’ll see you Monday x A
1.loweo via classy in the city 2. ballingslov 3. Zara.com 4.kokoro 5. youtube 6.iiiinspired.blogspot.hu