Everything about Valentines day (the pink, the flowers, the hearts, plush toys, chocolates, frills and lace) seem to be tailored towards females. And unless you’re in a new relationship or you have a partner that’s a hopeless romantic, the idea of Valentines day is well….a little cheesy.
But it doesn’t have to be all about us girls nor does it have to be cheesy…. It can serve as a little reminder to spoil those we love. Here are some sweet ideas without too much of the mush!
1. Stylish Keyring with keys to your home … big!!!
2. For the food lover and frequent traveller – 1001 Restaurants You Must Experience Before You Die by Jenny Linford
3. Drive holiday ideas/books – a cheaper more frequent way to getaway together; Lonely Planet East Coast Australia, National Geographic Drives of a Lifetime
4. A masculine scent to match your mans personality – Escentric Molecules Boudicca Wode EDP
5. Date night of Arcade fun. Buy a bag full of vouchers and let loose. A little friendly competition may fire up some fun…
6. His favourite poison! I couldn’t afford my mans favourite drop …find a miniature; Hennessy XO Cognac Gift Pack with Flask and Miniature Funnel
7. Tickets to his favourite sporting event…
8. Love Vouchers – Buy or make your own. Include; home cooked dinner for two, a full body massage, movie night of your choice etc etc
9. A stay-cation. Buy and pack an overnight bag. Love love love this Military Duffle Bag and so will he.
10. Silverlit Bluetooth RC Porsche silver for the ‘boy’ in all our men.
11. Game night with high stakes…
12. His favourite movies or a complete box set – James Bond Complete Box Set
13. A gift for him and you – L’Agent By Agent Provocateur Iana Basque
14. Lace eye mask – don’t think this needs an explanation…
15. Comme des Garcons Play Striped Cotton Shirt – not only cool, but a cute reminder of your happy heart.
16. They say the way to a mans heart is through his stomach (well it is for my husband anyways) so make him his favourite dessert and curl up on the couch watching his favourite movie or TV series. He doesn’t have just one favourite? These vanilla mascarpone & strawberry profiteroles will be a hit.