White is one of my favourite colours, but it isn’t easy to wear for many. It can make you look larger, it’s a danger zone for red wine or pasta sauce, and for many colouring groups, white is too harsh with sickly results. So, here are a few of my favourite looks and tips for wearing white;
- Identify ‘your’ best white. Off white? silk white? stark white? cream? Trust me, subtle variations in colour can make a huge difference.
- If white isn’t your colour, wear your hair down so that it isn’t the first thing to reflect on your face. Alternatively opt for strapless or spaghetti strap tops.
- Wearing a single colour head to toe creates a long lean line – therefore making you appear taller and slimmer.
- Add more volume or cover up on your smaller parts – e.g. your a beautiful pear shape? balance your hips with a capped, t-shirt or long sleeve top.
- Don’t wear items too tight. Skimming and structured styles are your best friend, unless of course you want to create curves.
- Wear skin-coloured/nude undergarments – no explanation required!
- Add different textures or bolder accessories e.g. a silver bauble necklace, to create interest.
- Nude/neutral shoes work best with an all white look.
Images: via my polished presence pinterest page here