I have always been a huge fan of art. It stems as far back as my earliest childhood memories; from endless hours of trying to perfect my own drawings to watching a close family friend paint one of her many masterpieces. Art was my way of expressing myself, telling a story without words as I couldn’t read or write English until I was about 7 years old.
Years on, and art is still an expression of me; my state of mind, my hopes and dreams and general optimism for life. Other than music and the sun and sea, art is one of those things that can move me. So whilst there are white walls in this beautiful apartment the husband and I now call home, it won’t be done until we find a few more beautiful images to make us smile.
A few of my favourite finds and sites are below;
Some of my fave sites include:
- Serena and Lily – All things home decor, including beautiful art
- Clare Elsaesser – Original Artwork
- Scout Cuomo – Original Artwork
- Ballerina Project – Original Photography – Prints & Limited Ed
- Aquabumps – Original Photography – Prints & Limited Ed
- Inaluxe – Original Art by an Aussie design duo
- Bold and Noble – Type and bold prints
- Getty Images – Affordable photographic resource
- Society6.com – Painting, photography and illustration prints
- 20×200 – Prints to originals
- United Artworks – Customised original art and special commissions
- Pen Hearts Paper – Typography/ caligraphy originals and prints by Sarah Staunton
- Hello Polly – Prints and posters
- The Calm Gallery – Prints and originals
- Everything begins – Art prints (graphic art , illustration, typographic prints, letterpress prints etc) from emerging artists
- Others worth checking out: Artfuly, Art Pharmacy, Art Fido, Buy Some Dam Art, Saatchiart, Ideal Art, I Need Nice Things.
Please let me know if I’ve missed any!