I wouldn’t consider myself the healthiest of people, but I am very health conscious. The difference? I am not extreme when it comes to the day to day, I enjoy carbs, cocktails, caffeine, chocolate (AKA: Anna’s four C’s)… but I do balance this out with lots and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meats and exercise.
One thing I consciously do for myself after a ‘bigger’ weekend, is whip up my Strawberry, Oat & Banana morning smoothie. It’s fresh and filling but doesn’t leave you feeling heavy, bloated or gluggy.
- 80g Strawberries (you can mix other berries but avoid tart)
- 3 Tbsps. Rolled Oats
- 1 Banana
- 2-3 Dates (optional)
- 6 Ice Cubes
- ½ Water
- 1 cup low fat Almond Milk (Rice, Skim, Soy or any half-half mix)
If Iike me, you enjoy a smoothie after exercise, omit the dates and replace it with one scoop of vanilla protein powder.
- Blend Strawberries, Banana, Almond Milk, Ice and Water in the blender. Blitz on high until all ingredients are combined.
- Add Oats and continue to blitz on high for a minute.
- Add Dates one at a time checking for taste in-between.
- Serve chilled or with additional ice.