I have officially finished my cleanse/detox but have decided to continue on the healthier path with the 80/20 rule… 80% healthy clean eating, 20% not so clean. This is not that easy, considering how much I love my chocolate! So last week, I decided to scour the web looking for lots of healthy treats (in preparation for this week) and came across these truffles/brownies on a couple of sites. The recipe I chose to follow was from our little green dot blog (so much useful information & recipes on living green). I was sceptical at first… I mean how good could they really taste? The verdict? They’re awesome!
What you need:
- 300g of pitted dates
- 1 cup nuts ( I used almonds, walnuts, pepita seeds )
- 1 cup natural unsweetened cacao powder
- pinch of sea salt
- small dash of vanilla essence (or powder if you have it)
- In a food processor, pulse the nuts until they break down. Do not blend continuously, otherwise you’ll end up with nut butter.
- Add in the cacao powder, salt and vanilla. Pulse until combined.
- Blend in the dates one at a time.
- You’ll end up with a crumbly mixture that should look like below….
- Shape into bite size balls.
- Leave them as they are or roll them in coconut or add some cacao nibs for extra crunch.
P.S Super excited, but just though i’d mentioned i’m heading to Cambodia in a few hours…. woop!