One of the greatest things about living in South East Asia is your close proximity to amazing beach destinations. You find yourself planning mini-weekend getaways throughout the year… and you become a pro at packing the essentials.
My creams/cosmetics bag use to drive me nuts! Large bottles of cleansers & toners, eye cream, face cream etc etc. Eek! You typical beauty regime is out the window. So my beach holiday cosmetic bag essentials are:
- Face Wipes – Great as a makeup remover & cleanser. They also come in handy whilst at the beach and you need to just wipe sand off your hands.
- Good Quality Face Cream – I take a rich Moisturising Balm by Bobbi Brown. The Sun and the face wipes will dry your skin out a little.
- Tinted Sun Block – Hate looking white faced in holiday pics? I love Clinique’s Super City Block SPF 30+ for exactly that reason – it’s lightly tinted.
- Palmers Sunless Tanner – I mix a little with my Tinted Sun block (for a fresh face glow) and use it to even out any tan marks.
- SPF Tinted Powder – I will only use this if i’m headed to lunch or dinner and don’t want to look particularly shiny. A quick swipe along the T-Zone does the job. This product is also great if you can’t live without a light foundation.
- Concealer – I will only use concealer if I’m having a nice lunch or dinner and want to brighten under the eyes. I used Mac Studio finish in NC20, which I dab lightly with my ring ringer
- Cheek Stain – Add a little colour to the cheeks & lips without looking made up. I used benetint by benefit.
- ‘Natural’ eye pallet – I made my own at INGLOT, which includes a range of natural colours from nude to a dark chocolate brown. Perfect for lids and filling in brows.
- Mascara – Waterproof of course. I use either Covergirl (orange tube) or Maybelline Hyper curl (pictured)
- Eyeliner (optional) – Again for dinner only. I apply (as close to the eyelash line as possible) pencil eyeliner in almost black. Often, I might just use dark brown shadow along the lash line instead.
- Others: Eyelash curler – I love my Tweezerman, Wet & dry cotton tips – best invention! Found them at Watsons drug store in Singapore, Nail polish, Nail Polish Remover Pad & Nail file – to fix any chips or hang-nails you undoubtedly get on holiday and finally a perfumed body butter – I love the Body Shop range.
Note: I also buy travel size shampoo & conditioner as well as a sports grade/water resistant 30+ sun lotion.