Have you ever walked past someone that smells absolutely divine, so much so you have to stop to ask what scent they’re wearing? Funnily enough, it’s often a perfume you have tried or own. So why does it smell different on you?
1. Natural Body Chemistry – which affects the natural smell of your skin or
2. They’ve Layered their scents – My favourite trick to ensuring a true signature scent
How to Layer?
1. Use a scented Body Wash – I tend to alternate between Honey, Jasmine and Vanilla body washes.
2. Moisturise, Moisturise, Moisturise – Not only does it prolong your perfume (stops the alcohol in the perfume from drying) It’s the best way to layer scents. I use either a body-oil or my body-butter. I’m particularly hooked on my Papaya body butter by The Body Shop and my Italian Blood Orange by MOR.
3. Perfume – apply to pulse points
For Day: Burberry Brit Sheer, Replica Beach Walk by Maison Martin Margiela, Florabotanica by Balenciaga, Rose the One by Dolce & Gabbana.
For Evenings: Narciso Rodriguez for her, Burberry Body, Bvlgari Jasmin Noir.
4. Apply some perfume or scented hair shine to hair ends. Note: Don’t spray perfume directly on hair as this (the alcohol in perfume) can dry your hair out.