Tonight is date night with my Hub and I’m taking inspiration from these gorgeous Lisa Ho images (backstage – Mercedes Fashion Week) and will don a classic smokey eye look.
SIMPLE MAKEUP RULES:
SMALL or CLOSE-SET EYES
- Use a light colour on the inner eye and extend to a medium/dark shadow on the outer half of the eye lid.
- Apply eyeliner from the outer two-thirds and extend the corner beyond the end of the eye. Make the line thicker at the outer corner of the eye.
LARGE or WIDE-SET EYES
- Start with a Medium or Dark shadow in the inner corner of the eye and extend out towards the edge of your brow.
- Apply eyeliner from the inner corner of the eye.
MAKEUP TIP: TRY A SMOKEY EYE USING YOUR ENHANCER OR INTENSIFIER COLOUR
INTENSIFIER COLOUR is usually contrasting to your eye colour
- Brown Eyes – Try a deep or emerald Green
- Blue Eyes – Plum or Coral
- Green Eyes – Purple or Pink
- Hazel Eyes – Blue or Violet
ENHANCER COLOUR is a pigment which is the same as your eye colour
- Brown Eyes – Dark Slate or Brown
- Blue Eyes – Blue Shadow
- Green Eyes – Green